First impressions are huge in the networking and job search world.
And in today’s digital landscape, that first impression often comes in the form of an email subject line.
How will you stand out amongst hundreds of emails hiring decision makers get every single day? How will you not be generic, but not seem like you’re trying too hard?
The article showcases the following:
- Keep it short.
- Place important words at the beginning.
- Be clear and specific.
- Use logical key words for search and filtering.
- Include the position and your name.
- List your designations to show you’re qualified.
- If someone referred you, use their name.
- Don’t use all caps.
The article does a great job of featuring examples for each tip, really bringing to life how you can apply this advice to your future emails.
Which one of these tips would you have never considered before?