We often have a feeling that our job search is in a bad place – and not just because we haven’t gotten a job.
There are a lot of signs that your search is in trouble, but this recent Mashable article features 5 such signs that are – unfortunately – very relateable:
- You lack credentials, but apply anyway.
- You assume instructions don’t apply to you (following company requested job application processes, etc.)
- Your entire strategy involves “apply and wait.”
- You’re machine-gunning out unfocused applications.
- You’re applying for out of town jobs without explaining why.
Do any of these signs look familiar to you? Read the whole article for advice on what you should be doing instead!