All too often when we think of interviewing for a promotion we forget that there is more to this process than prep work before you suit up to make an impression. Ask yourself, do you really have a good reason for moving up or are you working with someone that’s making your work life painful? Have you done your homework and do you know what you’re walking into, the good the bad and the ugly? Does the opportunity fit and give direction to my overall career strategy?
In this session you will learn the following:
- Evaluate a good opportunity from a Great Opportunity
- Take control of your career opportunities that will accelerate and increase your valuable potential
- Understand your motivations and expectations to insure career success
- Prepare for the interview and for the promotion as a top candidate
- Make the right short-term choices for your long-term career success
Lorie is a strategic Human Resources executive with a passion for maximizing the effectiveness, value and potential of an organization’s “human capital”. A respected leader with demonstrated ability to gain commitment for strategic initiatives and align individual, team, business unit and company goals/objectives to drive performance. Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Enterprise Bank & Trust in February 2014, Lorie held a number of senior-level HR positions in various healthcare organizations, including Corizon Health, WellPoint, and BJC Health Care. Lorie has a Master’s Degree in Education from Washington University, and has earned certifications in Change Management, Myers Briggs Type Inventory, Culture Shaping, and other areas of leadership and organizational development.
I hope to see you there!