Productivity is a big part of career development.
To deepen your professional opportunities and get better at what you do, it’s essential that you’re productive in what you set out to do. After all, there are only 24 hours in a day, and having a plan on how you’re going to use your time – both in your career and in your personal life – can be the difference in whether you progress professionally or not.
As I was digging into the topic of work productivity, I came across this recent Forbes article by Travis Bradberry, in which he breaks down “6 Easy Tricks That Will Make You Way More Productive.”
Take a peek at his list below and see if these are things you are doing!
- Never touch things twice – as Mr. Bradberry says, do it, delegate it, or delete it.
- Eat frogs – in other words, do the things you dread the most first!
- Fight the tyranny of the urgent – those little things that get in the way of what really matters.
- Say no – avoid phrases like “I don’t think I can…”
- Check email on a schedule – don’t allow it to be a constant interruption!
- Avoid multitasking – it may seem essential, but multitasking can actually be a productivity killer.
Read the whole article for more insight into these six tips and consider whether or not they could shape your productivity – and your career – for the better!