Listen up, managers, HR leaders, and professionals in general – there’s an expanded/updated book that should be on your radar, because it identifies key trends in how workplace culture is being influenced.
Future Work: Changing Organizational Culture for the New World of Work is the book, and as this article reflects, it “points to several key trends in organizational cultures and working practices that can boost output, cut costs, and give employees more freedom.”
Now if those words don’t get the attention of management, I don’t know what will!
There are 8 key trends for which the book (and article) provides insight. For some of us, these ideas may feel revolutionary. For others, no-brainers. And for some, radically scary.
Wherever you are on this spectrum, it’s essential that you take notice:
- Pay for results, rather than pay for work.
- Reward shorter hours of high productivity.
- Encourage people to work where and when they are most productive.
- Bring your own device to work (BYOD).
- Use of collaborative and other social media platforms.
- Explore benefits of employing “mature” workers.
- Mobility and connecting to work via the ‘cloud.
- Trend to a ‘contingent’ workforce.
Now, there is a lot to unpack in that list!
Once you do, share your review with me – specifically what aspects you plan on implementing for YOUR business!