Happy 4th of July! Today we celebrate our independence – and that includes our freedom to choose the careers we want to pursue, the companies for whom we want to work, and/or the businesses we want to start ourselves.
I thought today it would be appropriate to share some insight from this Fast Company article that reflects “the current state of the American workplace”, identifying some key trends that we should be aware (and proud of) in the United States.
Here’s a quick preview:
1. A record 47% of the workforce thinks it’s a good time to find a new job.
2. We all want to work in tech (or at Disney).
3. We are using our phones more than ever.
4. We’re doing more work remotely.
5. More of us are working independently.
Read the entire article here, and enjoy this special day for every American!